SQL SERVER Affinity I/O Mask and Affinity64 I/O Mask


These two options control the affinity of a processor for I/O operations and work in much the same way as the two options for controlling processing affinity for workers.

Setting a bit for a processor in either of these bit masks means that the corresponding processor is used only for I/O operations. You probably never need to set this option. However, if you do decide to use it, perhaps just for  testing  purposes, you should use it in conjunction with the Affinity Mask or Affinity64 Mask  option and make sure the bits set do not overlap. You should thus have one of the following combinations of settings: 0 for both Affinity I/O Mask and Affinity Mask for a CPU, 1 for the Affinity I/O Mask option and 0 for Affinity Mask, or 0 for Affinity I/O Mask and 1 for Affinity Mask. 


http://www.mybasicknowledge.com/2012/09/sql-server-database-options-and.html

http://www.mybasicknowledge.com/2012/09/using-windows-system-monitor-for-sql.html